Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Seer's Confession

A New Poem by Karen Kay Remus (c) 2017


The Seer’s Confession
By Karen Remus, ©2017

I’m seeing a seer
The seer sees a see-saw by the sea side
He also sees sea shells but
Says these are secondary in symbolic significance
To the see-saw he sees

“Superfluous sea debris!” he snorts
“See-Saws by the sea side symbolize…”
[He suddenly sneezes]
“Excuse me.  I sneeze in sea breeze,” he says
“Gesundheit.” I say

“Donkey Shoe,” he says
“So where were we?
Ah yes:  sea side see-saws
Symbolize sideways synchronicities”

“What synchronicities are these?” I say
“Those between sea horses and saw horses” he says
“I see,” I say
“I see you seize the sea scene,” He smiles

“Shore do!” I say, “I also seize the day.”
He snickers and sneezes times three
“Sneezies in threesies defeat the diseases!” Says he
“…And release three times the nasal debrisies.” I say

He says, “I think you are onto something”
I say, “I think you are on something”
He says, “You really are something”
I say, “Geeze! I’m gonna call the cheese police”

He says, “Stop.  There is no need.
I confess:  I’m a cheesy seer
And a threesie sneezer, and moreover,
Son of Susie, who sold sea shells by the sea shore.”

2 comments:

  1. Superb! In any other syntax, the use of so many "S's" might seem spurious, even a little surreal. However, in the subtle hands of a salient wordsmith such as yourself, there is a certain symmetry, sort of a sanguine simplicity that is quite serene, yet so stylistic..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Some might see my excess s use as supercilious, but I see it as simply super silly.

      Delete